KCFT Steps to Success - Pastoral Care Module
Once rangatahi commence paid employment, they will transition onto the Pastoral Care Programme. This is youth-led support, similar to what they will receive in the Work Experience Module and is centred on the ongoing career development of the rangatahi as they create a firm foundation within their new workplace.
This wraparound support is inclusive of the employer, rangatahi and their whānau. Rangatahi are still able to access the counsellor and personal training sessions during this time.
Expectations of rangatahi:
- Engage and participate in the programme.
- Communicate openly with Steps to Success staff about how you are progressing and feeling towards work experience.
- Continue to work closely with Steps to Success staff.
Expectations of whānau:
- If you have any concerns, reach out to Steps to Success staff who will be able to support both you and the rangatahi.
What you can expect of us:
- We will act as the intermediatory between rangatahi and the employer.
- We will continue open communication with whānau and are available to support should any concerns arise.
- We will continue to work with rangatahi in gaining their independence and furthering their growth and development through specific tailored leadership activities.